Will it cost me anything to get a quote?
No, we’ll give you a quote free of charge and there’s no obligation to accept. Just tell us your registration and postcode to find out what your car is worth.
How do you work out the value of my car?
We’ll use your registration to find out the type of car you have, together with your postcode to find its location, so that buyers in your local area will compete to offer you the best deal for your car.
When we give you an instant quote, this will be based on some assumptions about your car. If we believe that your car could be worth more, we’ll also ask you a few questions about your car, so that we can provide a quote based on what you tell us.
What assumptions do you make about my car?
When we give you a quote, unless you tell us otherwise, we’ll assume that your car has all of its major parts, no major damage and, in the case of a collection, it’s accessible.
You’ll have the chance to tell us if any of these assumptions aren’t right, and we’ll let you know whether or not we need to adjust the price. If we do adjust the price, there’s no obligation for you to go ahead.
We may also ask you some questions about your car if we believe your car could be worth more.
What questions will you ask me about my car?
If we believe that your car could be worth more, we may ask you a number of questions such as:
- Whether any parts are missing. (Unless you tell us otherwise we’ll assume that your car has all of its major parts).
- Whether there’s any damage. (Unless you tell us otherwise we’ll assume that your car is free from major damage).
- Whether your car starts and drives.
- Whether you have the registration certificate (V5C) for your car.
- Whether you have at least one copy of each key needed to unlock and start your car.
- How much MOT remains.
Your answers to our questions will prevail over our assumptions.