How do I arrange a collection date?
After you’ve submitted your car for scrap, we’ll contact you by email or phone to arrange a convenient time for us to collect your car.
We’ll try to contact you as soon as possible but please allow up to four working hours from the time you submit your application. If you’re not going to be available during this time, we will leave either a voicemail or text. If we haven’t been able to get in touch before the end of the working day, we’ll try again first thing the next working day.
If you have a preferred collection date, just let us know when you accept your quote and we’ll do our best to meet it.
When can you collect my car?
We’ll do our best to fit in with you and most collections are arranged within two working days.
Collections usually take place from Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. But please let us know if you’re in a hurry, or you need us to collect your car earlier or later than this, or on a Sunday, and we’ll do our best to help.
If you have a preferred collection date and time, you’ll have the chance to tell us before you accept our quote. It helps if you can tell us a four hour window when you’d like us to collect your car, such as between 1pm and 5pm. We’ll try to agree as short a time frame as possible.
And, if you tell us your mobile number, we’ll send you a text message to remind you nearer the time.
What happens on the collection day?
You’ll need to have a few things ready:
- Your identification;
- Your keys (including any locking wheel nut or electronic keys and codes) and security codes if you have them;
- Your documents (such as the registration certificate, service history, MOT certificate and manuals) if you have them;
- Finally, don’t forget to remove any personal belongings and rubbish.
On the day of collection we’ll:
- Check that your car matches your quote;
- Check and take a copy of your identification;
- Take care of the DVLA paperwork;
- Sort out the payment.